memory channel sampling frequency

Discussions and questions about topics not covered above
mironova

memory channel sampling frequency

Unread postby mironova » 13 Jan 2020, 23:39

I have created memory channel, set markers where i needed and saved as regular channel. For futher processing we convertised this file for working with it in MatLab and It turned out that our maker channel has a very low sampling frequency. How can I change it? How can I set it?

Tim Bergel
Site Admin

Re: memory channel sampling frequency

Unread postby Tim Bergel » 16 Jan 2020, 14:29

I am not sure I understand.

You say that you have created a memory channel and put markers into it. Now markers are single time points, they do not have a sampling frequency. But of course they do have a basic time resolution, which is set in the data file of which the marker memory channel is a part. So if that is the situation you need to look at how the file was created.

The other possibility is that you are using the term marker to refer to a bit of waveform and your marker channel holds a waveform, which does have a sampling frequency. This sampling frequency is set when the memory channel is created, either by copying that of another channel or by you specifying the sample interval.

I hope that helps, but do feel free to get back to me if you need more information
Tim Bergel Cambridge Electronic Design

Return to “General”