markers and superposition

Discussions and questions about topics not covered above
evakilroy

markers and superposition

Unread postby evakilroy » 29 Jan 2020, 12:11

Hello!

I have EEG channel and there is some repeating events I need to analize. I need to check is there correlations between animal action and brain activity so I made marker channel: I use it to mark events on EEG which I see on video. And I have two questions:

1) Is there simpler way to mark events? For now I need to set vertical cursor on time which I see event on video and set marker on place of vertical cursor. Can I set marker or vertical cursor automatically, for example, in special position on the screen (like in place where red line is on attached file)?

2) then I need cut little parts (where animal does actions which i need analyse) and make theirs superposition. I mean i need summirise signals, not just compare them. Is it possible?

Thanks a lot for answering.
Attachments
2020-01-29_14-58-30.png

Tim Bergel
Site Admin

Re: markers and superposition

Unread postby Tim Bergel » 01 Feb 2020, 17:12

Hi Eva,

1. I don't think there is a way to position a cursor automatically while you move around the file unless you want to use a script. But, when you set the marker time, the time selector should include 'XHigh()" which corresponds to the X axis position at the right hand side of the screen. So that should do what you want.

2. I do not understand this question. When you say 'superposition' and 'summarise' do you mean drawing the bits of waveform on top of one another, or do you mean create an average waveform? For the first, see Trigger/Overdraw in the View menu, for the second see Analysis->New Memory View->Waveform average. Or if it is neither of these do get back to me.
Tim Bergel Cambridge Electronic Design

Return to “General”