Response latency analysis

Discussions and questions about topics not covered above
Shubho

Response latency analysis

Unread postby Shubho » 26 May 2020, 11:16

Hi,

I am a clinical researcher and trying to use spike2 version 7 program for measuring response latency for auditory, visual and loud-auditory cue. I am inexperienced in spike2 and coding in general, hence would prefer menu driven approach as far as possible. The cues are time-stamped by three types of markers in channel 32.
I have followed your previous discussion and could create a memory buffer channel with markers for a fixed arbitrary threshold EMG signal (using -data rising through level channel) for individual sweeps. Therefore, in the created memory channel two markers are present. One for the cue and the other for the response. Is there a way to know the response latency (in ms) for individual sweeps (in a table format- may be) gated by cue markers.
Many thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards

Shubho.

Tim Bergel
Site Admin

Re: Response latency analysis

Unread postby Tim Bergel » 27 May 2020, 13:50

Hi Subho,

Therefore, in the created memory channel two markers are present. One for the cue and the other for the response

You do not say if these two markers have different marker codes, so that it is clear which markers correspond to a cue and which to a response. Everything will be a lot easier if these markers are separate; if they do have different codes then you can separate them into two channels by duplicating the memory channel and then using marker filters to separate out only one code in each channel. If they do not have separate codes, then can you put them into two different memory channels?

Once they are separated, you can use active cursors to step through the data - cursor 0 to step through the cue markers in one channel, cursor 1 to find the first marker in the other channel after the cursor 0 position.

You can then use Analysis->Measurements->XY View to generate data in an XY view with the X value being the cursor 0 position and the Y value being the time difference between cursor 0 and cursor 1 - the latency.

Finally, if you export the XY view as text or copy it to the clipboard, you will get text in columns (separated by tabs), suitable for any spreadsheet.

I hope that helps, I've underlined the key bits.
Tim Bergel Cambridge Electronic Design

Shubho

Re: Response latency analysis

Unread postby Shubho » 31 May 2020, 06:34

Hi Tim,

Many thanks for your advise. It served the purpose.

Best regards,
Supriyo

Return to “General”