Combining two files

Discussions and questions about topics not covered above
hazelb

Combining two files

Unread postby hazelb » 28 Oct 2021, 14:40

I am quite sure I have done this before but I cannot remember how... I have two edf files, which has waveform data recorded simultaneously (one is nerve activity, one is ECG). When I export them to edf files from the acquisition software, it always splits it into two files so I am wondering if it is possible to combine them into one edf file when importing them into Spike (I have version 7). I primarily need one channel from one of the files, so it is also okay if it's only possible to import one channel from one edf file, into another edf file. I hope this makes sense! Any help would be much appreciated! :)

Andre Costa
Major contributor

Re: Combining two files

Unread postby Andre Costa » 29 Oct 2021, 08:57

Hi,
There is a script file in your Spike7 script folder (usually in My Documents), that you can use to merge two files together, with a combination of chooosing which channels to import and others. There is a newer version on the website (https://ced.co.uk/downloads/scriptspkedit), that might do more for you. You should first import your two separate edf files into Spike2 using the File->Import facility, creating two smr files, which can be then merged together using the script mentioned above.
I hope this helps.
André

hazelb

Re: Combining two files

Unread postby hazelb » 02 Nov 2021, 14:19

Perfect thank you very much!

Return to “General”